Sign up for Emergency Alerts (including COVID-19 updates, storm notices and beach closures) here.
Barnstable County operates a Community Health Helpline: call 774-330-3001 and leave a detailed message to receive a call from a public health nurse to assist with COVID and monkeypox (MPV) infection related questions.
View Public Health Notice regarding rats here. Complaints to the Board of Health about rats led to the creation of a task force comprised of board members, Town staff and consultants, resulting in regulation changes to address the issue.
The Provincetown Health Department, as agents of the Provincetown Board of Health, performs many important functions relative to the protection of public health, the promotion of sanitary living conditions, and the protection of the environment from damage and pollution.
The scope of the Provincetown Health Department's work includes:
- Administration of the Provincetown Board of Health
- Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- Subsurface and Public Sewage Disposal
- Food Service (with ServSafe training)
- Rabies Control/Quarantine (with Animal Control Officer)
- Beach Water Quality Monitoring (with the Barnstable County Department of Health and Environment)
- Communicable Disease Control (with the Barnstable County Public Health Nurse)
- Solid Waste and Recycling (with the Department of Public Works)
- Hazardous & Infectious Waste (with Cape Cod Cooperative Extension)
- Permit Review (with the Department of Community Development)
- Licensing and Inspections (with the Licensing Department)
- Tobacco Control (with the Cape Cod Regional Tobacco Control Program)
How do I file a complaint with the Health Department?
If you have a concern or complaint for the Health Department to investigate, you may file the complaint online or call (508) 487-7020.