The Building Committee has formed at the request of the Board of Selectmen to recommend a police station site and design that will meet the needs of the community, with an eye toward modest growth, for the next generation.
To this end, the Building Committee will:
- Review past deliberations and recommendations by the ad hoc committee, Town Hall employees and Board of Selectmen before the Building Committee was formed;
- Gather new information that may inform a new recommendation;
- Follow a process that is open and transparent to the public;
- Provide periodic updates in public forums, such as joint meetings with the Board of Selectmen, public access TV programming and/or press releases;
- Recommend a police station site and design to the Board of Selectmen, well in advance of the April 2013 Town Meeting.
The Building Committee regularly schedules meetings on alternate Thursdays at 8 a.m. and invites formal input by the public at the end of each meeting.
View Complete Police Station Project Plan Overview
Latest Police Station Project Plan