- Feature Links
- Emergency Preparedness
How Prepared Are You? Develop a Disaster Survival Plan
To prepare for the unknown, each home should have a 72-Hour Disaster Survival Kit (PDF) easily accessible. The kit should include essential items to help you and your family survive whether you stay at home or seek other shelter during a disaster.
Make sure to develop a disaster-survival plan (PDF) for your pets.
Extreme Cold Weather
MEMA urges residents to take precautions during the extreme cold weather and to minimize outside activities. The following are safety tips (PDF).
The Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) provides safety tips (PDF) when experiencing a possible power outage. MEMA also provides information on inland flooding and how to prepare yourself in the event of a flood (PDF).
Local Emergency Prepardness Committee (LEPC)
The goal of the Local Emergency Prepardness Committee (LEPC) is to develop and implement comprehensive response plans that are effective and efficient in addressing human and/or natural threats to the public health and safety of the Provincetown community. Read the complete mission and goals (PDF) of the LEPC.
- To receive additional emergency notification on your Android or iPhone, download MEMA's emergency alerting app Ping4Alerts!
- National Weather Service - Boston
- Storm Prediction Center
- Weather Prediction Center
- Snowfall Forecast Information - NOAA Boston
Hurricanes are more prevalent during August, September, and October, with the month of September being the time when the largest number occur.
- National Hurricane Center - NOAA Storm Tracker
- Hurricane Category Listings (PDF) - Know the severity of potential hurricane warnings
- Hurricane Challenges for Populations with Unique Needs (PDF)
- Hurricane Preparedness Information (PDF)
- Safety Precautions and Safety Measures (PDF) - For when hurricane warnings are posted for the Cape area
- Storm Surge Safety Information (PDF)